A Few Reminders:
- Attendance Calls - Please call the attendance line at 425-204-4901 when your child is absent or will be tardy. If you do not call this will be considered an unexcused absence. Please report the absence by phone as soon as possible. Please make sure we have the correct home, work and cell phone numbers.
- Before and after school safety reminders:
It is important to remember that there is no supervision for students before 8:35 am Monday through Thursday, and before 10:10 am on Friday. Please do not drop off your children before that time.
- Thank you for remembering to stop in the office and sign in and get a visitor’s badge when coming into school beyond our foyer area. Those who do not have a visitor badge on and are in the classroom area, will be asked to return to the office to sign in. This helps us ensure all students and staff are safe and accounted for. All teachers require a 24 hour notice prior to visitors entering the classroom.
- Volunteers - All volunteers are required to fill out a Washington State Patrol volunteer form. These will need to be renewed every two years. Forms are available in the office or see Volunteer Opportunities.
- End of the day and after school safety reminders:
All calls to make changes to after school plans need to be made prior to 3:15. This ensures that our classrooms are able to finish their day with little disruption. We also request that you wait for your child outside and not in the foyer at the end of the school day. This helps us keep track of our students and to safely get them to the bus area and other locations for dismissal.
PTO Movie Night
Thursday October 5th - doors open at 5:30 pm, movie starts at 6 pm.
Friday, October 6th - Teacher Training Day
Friday November 3 - Teacher Training Day
Friday November 10 - Veterans Day
Parent Conferences - Nov. 16-22
Students will be dismissed at 12 noon. Conferences will be scheduled by your child's teacher.
Thanksgiving Break - Nov. 23 & 24
Extra Clothing Needed
The school health room is in great need of children's pants and sweats (sizes 8-14), especially the small sizes. If you have any extra pants that your children are no longer wearing we would appreciate the donation.
FREE and REDUCED MEALS
Free and reduced breakfasts and lunches are available to qualifying families. Application forms are sent home with students and are also available in the office.
A new application must be submitted each school year. Complete one application per household. List all the students attending Renton schools on one form. Please call Nutrition Services at (425) 204-3545 with questions.
PRE-PAY - Meals can now be prepaid!
You may pay on-line @ http://wa-renton.intouchreceipting.com/signin.aspx
To Log- in: User Name is your student’s lunch ID number. The Password will be your student’s last name in ALL CAPS.
Once you log in, click on your child’s name, then under 'Shop' click on 'Items At Student's School', it will take you to the categories where you can navigate from there.
Questions? Please call Stephanie Salverson at 425-204-2392.
Please note – regarding lunch payments: The online payment system is a resource strictly for payments for meals and library fines, it will not show you your child’s lunch balance. You can check lunch balances by using the Skyward Family Access resource @ www.rentonschools.us . For your Skyward login/password please contact your child’s school office.
The Renton School Distr ict is required by law to identify children from birth to 21 who may have developmental delays. Phone KIDCARE at 1-800-756-KIDS to make an appointment for screening. Please help us identify children who may be in need of early intervention services by sharing this information with anyone who resides within the Renton School District.
We welcome volunteers at Talbot Hill! Specifically, we are looking for volunteers to:
- assist with the traffic flow of our parking lot during morning arrival times
- assist with the traffic flow of our parking lot during dismissal time
- assist with crossing guards
- lead games and activitites during recess times
Please stop by the main office for additional details.
Highly Capable Program Referral Process
The Renton School District Discovery or Highly Capable Program includes a self-contained program which provides learning experiences and challenges for identified highly capable students in grades 3 – 8. There are three self-contained, elementary classes located at Kennydale Elementary, Campbell Hill, and Talbot Hill Elementary. These three elementary schools offer Discovery Program placement for highly capable students in grades 3, 4 and 5. The three district middle schools, Dimmitt Middle School, McKnight Middle School, and Nelsen Middle School, offer a program for highly capable students in grades 6, 7 and 8. Each fall we begin the process of identifying highly capable students who may qualify for the program. The 2017-2018 referral deadline for students in grades two through seven is Friday, December 15, 2017. Highly Capable Referral forms will be available in the main office at all elementary and middle schools in time for the November Parent/Teacher Conferences. This would be a great opportunity to discuss the Highly Capable Program referral process with your child’s classroom teacher. You may find additional information regarding the Highly Capable Program on the RSD Web Page: Overview of Highly Capable program
Renton School District Now Hiring
Renton School District is hiring in non-teaching positions that routinely open up during the school year. We have full-time, part-time and substitute positions available, with hours that are set or flexible and do not require a teaching degree. Current job openings include:
- School Bus Driver
- Food Service/Substitute Cook
- Office Assistant
Find your new job and apply online now. For questions regarding the application process, please call Human Resources at 425-204-2350.
You can download a PDF of the October Newsletter