School Climate Surveys
Stakeholder engagement, in the form of family and student surveys, is one part of the Renton School District's plan to provide Service, Excellence and Equity to students, families and the greater community.
Family School Climate Survey
In the fall of 2022, families across the Renton School District participated in the School Climate Survey to provide feedback regarding the performance of our schools and district.
Purpose of the Family School Climate Survey:
- To gather feedback from families in order to improve our practices in schools and as a district
- To employ an important cycle with survey data in order to increase transparency and relational trust
Surveying families is one strategy we employ to receive perception feedback from families regarding performance of our schools and district. In addition, we'll continue the use of our Family and Community Engagement (FACE) workgroup and continue to partner with families in other ways. The 2022-23 Family School Climate survey focused on three broad areas:
- Student safety and belonging;
- Student learning
- School-family relationships
Student School Climate Survey
Students participated in providing feedback to their school and the district about their perspective of their school experience.
Purpose of the Student School Climate Survey:
- To gather feedback from students in order to improve our practices in schools and as a district
- To elevate student voice as an important part of our improvement processes
The 2022-23 Student School Climate survey focused on three broad areas:
- Learning environment
- Relationships and connectedness