Our Commitment to Equity
The Renton School District strives to remove barriers and pursue outcomes that enable all students to realize their potential and maximize their future opportunities. Read about many of our efforts below.
- School Board approves strategic plan to make diversity a priority in hiring
- District commits to improving student experiences and outcomes in historically underserved areas
- District commits to inclusive education for students with disabilities
- Highly Capable Program increases access for students
- District leverages tech levy to support access and digital equity
- Gear-Up program works to increase student readiness for college and beyond
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Committee
Fifth graders in all district elementary schools are embarking on a new journey to learn about American history, social studies, art, culture and more. Students are visiting the Tacoma Art Museum to see the world-famous Kinsey Collection featuring...