please keep in mind the following:
- Requests are granted based on: capacity of the requested school, academic history, attendance history and disciplinary history of requesting student.
- You will have to provide your own transportation; transportation will not be prearranged for transfer students.
Student's school and resident school district is based on where the student resides. In some circumstances, a family may ask to transfer their student to a school outside of their resident district.
- Choice Transfers are required annually.
Please use the Choice Transfer Request Portal to submit your request electronically, releasing your child from Renton School District to attend another district.
Fill out a Choice Transfer Request Form, releasing your child from Renton School District to attend another district.
You may fill out the form electronically and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To do so, you MUST download the form, fill it out, and then save before emailing it. You cannot fill-in the form within the browser as it will not save the information you entered.
- Spanish Choice Transfer Requests are available.
Once the form has been submitted, please contact the district you are requesting for more information on your students transfer request.
Students in the district are assigned to attend the school designated for the geographic area where they reside. However, a family may request that their child be allowed to attend another school in the district.
- Elementary and Middle School Intra-District requests do not have to be requested more than once.
- High School Intra-District requests must be requested annually.
Submit an Intra-district Elementary Transfer Request Form to your student's home school.
Transfers will be granted based on capacity, program availability, and good academic standing, including grades, discipline, and attendance. TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM SCHOOL IS THE PARENTS’ RESPONSIBILITY. You will be notified by the receiving school two weeks after the start of the new school year with approval or denial decisions.
Please contact Cheri Eckstein for more information
For elementary students who live in the Renton School District and want to attend the Renton elementary school in the area in which their daycare is located. Service provided through the end of elementary.
Please submit an Out-of-Area-Residence Daycare form to the elementary school in the area in which the daycare is located.
We will begin accepting requests January 2nd, 2020.
Deadline is May 1st, 2020.
Transfers will be granted based on capacity, program availability, and good academic standing, including grades, discipline, and attendance. TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM SCHOOL IS THE PARENTS’ RESPONSIBILITY.
Please contact Saya (Elisa) Benitez for more information