What is the International Baccalaureate Program (IB)
The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP) is a two-year educational program. The program provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognized by many universities worldwide. Renton High School currently offers this program.
Through the IBDP, schools are able to develop students who:
· have excellent breadth and depth of knowledge
· flourish physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
· Study at least two languages
· excel in traditional academic subjects
· explore the nature of knowledge through the program's unique theory of knowledge course
Students at IB schools are given a unique education.
· be encouraged to think independently and drive their own learning
· take part in programs of education that can lead them to some of the highest ranking universities around the world
· become more culturally aware, through the development of a second language
· be able to engage with people in an increasingly globalized, rapidly changing world.
Current IBDP Courses Offered at Renton High School
Higher Level Courses:
English A: Language and Literature, History of the Americas, Psychology, Business Management, Visual Arts
Standard Level Courses:
Spanish B, Spanish Ab Initio, Biology, Environmental Systems and Society, Mathematics, Mathematical Studies, Sports, Exercise and Health Science
Theory of Knowledge