Please keep in mind the following:
- Requests are granted based on: capacity of the requested school and program availability.
- You will have to provide your own transportation.
Student's school and resident school district is based on where the student resides. In some circumstances, a family may ask to transfer their student to a school outside of their resident district.
- Choice Transfers are required annually.
- Renton School District Policy 3141 Nonresident Students
Please use the Choice Transfer Request Portal to submit your request , releasing your child from Renton School District to attend another district.
Transferring Into RSD From Out of District?
This process should be initiated through your home school district.
Families may also use the Choice Transfer Request Portal to submit your request.
Students in the district are assigned to attend the school designated for the geographic area where they reside. However, a family may request that their child be allowed to attend another school in the district.
- Beginning the 2023-2024 School year, Elementary and Middle School Intra-District requests must be completed annually.
- High School Intra-District requests must be requested annually.
- Renton School District Policy 3131 Intra-District Transfer Students