Please keep in mind the following:
- Requests are granted based on: capacity of the requested school, academic history, attendance history and disciplinary history of requesting student.
- You will have to provide your own transportation; transportation will not be prearranged for transfer students.
Student's school and resident school district is based on where the student resides. In some circumstances, a family may ask to transfer their student to a school outside of their resident district.
- Choice Transfers are required annually.
Please use the Choice Transfer Request Portal to submit your request , releasing your child from Renton School District to attend another district.
Students in the district are assigned to attend the school designated for the geographic area where they reside. However, a family may request that their child be allowed to attend another school in the district.
- Elementary and Middle School Intra-District requests do not have to be requested more than once.
- High School Intra-District requests must be requested annually.