Our Head Start and Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program are available for children ages 3-5 and provide many free services to eligible children and their families including quality learning opportunities for young children, family support services, nutritious meals, health and developmental screenings and assessments, and so much more.
We have two locations for our preschool programs:
- Campbell Hill Elementary School, 6418 S 124th St., Seattle
- Meadow Crest Early Learning Center, 1800 Index Ave NE, Renton
To register for preschool programs, find out if you’re eligible: email MeadowCrest.Headstart.ECEAP@rentonschools.us; or call 425-204-2500
We offer three programs:
- Head Start/ECEAP – These two programs are federal- and state-funded programs that are based on financial need and other factors. Once you have completed an application, you will meet with one of our Family Support Service staff members to determine if you qualify for the program. For questions or to apply for Head Start/ECEAP please email firstname.lastname@example.org Once you have been accepted into the program, you can complete the online registration. This program offered at both Meadow Crest and Campbell Hill Elementary.
- Inclusive Preschool – This program is designed for our students with disabilities. If your child has qualified for special education services through Child Find or transition from Birth to Three Services and has an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) you will need to complete online registration before beginning at Meadow Crest. If you are new to our district and your child has an IEP, please contact Lauren Strom at Lauren.email@example.com for next steps in registration.
- Community Peer/Tuition Program – This program is a tuition-based program in our Inclusive Preschool for our Community Students. If you are interested in being a part of this program please email Meadow Crest Registration. Please note this program does not have Transportation available. If a space is confirmed for your child in this program, you will need to complete online registration before beginning at Meadow Crest
Child Development - If your child is age 3-5 and you feel that they may speak, move, or behave differently than other children the same age, we have free developmental screenings available at Meadow Crest Early Learning Center. To receive information and learn more about scheduling a screening contact Child Find.