registration is open for the 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR will open January 16th, 2024
Register your child now for kindergarten. Children must be 5-years-old by Aug. 31, 2024.
Note: If you have a child turning 4 years old by Aug. 31, 2024, enroll in our new, free Ready Kindergarten program. Learn more here.
Tours of schools and meetings with teachers will be conducted in mid-May for registered students during the “Ready for Kindergarten” events held at each school.
We offer free full‐day Kindergarten programs in all our elementary schools. Kindergartners attend school on the same schedule as students in grades 1-5:
Core curriculum of reading, writing, mathematics, science, social studies, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and additional experiences in art, music, PE
Transportation is provided to students on an established bus route.
Find your neighborhood school by entering your home address into the "Find Your School" below, then complete the online registration process.
To register, you'll need:
- Child's birth certificate
- Proof of residence (rental agreement, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc.)
- Emergency contacts
- Child's health & immunization records
If your student(s) currently attend Meadow Crest Early Learning Center registration for kindergarten is not needed. However, please connect with your neighborhood school to provide updated student immunization records prior to the start of school.
- Kindergarten Early Entrance Application
- What children are eligible for Early Entrance Testing?
- Why does my child, with a September birthday, have to be assessed when children with August birthdays do not?
- What will the assessment be like?
- Why is the process for Early Entrance so rigorous?
- Why do some students take longer or shorter amounts of time to complete the assessment?
- Should I talk to my child about going to Kindergarten this year?
- Is there an appeal process if my child DOES NOT qualify for Early Entrance into Kindergarten?
- Does Renton accept outside evaluations that show my child is ready for Kindergarten?
- Can my child be retested if they do not qualify?