Register now for KINDERGARTEN
It's time for Kindergarten registration! To register, children must be 5-years-old by Aug. 31, 2020.
Renton School District offers free full‐day kindergarten programs in every elementary school. Kindergartners attend school on the same schedule as students in grades 1-5. Core curriculum of reading; writing; mathematics; science; social studies; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM); and additional experiences in art, music and PE.
Find your neighborhood school by entering your home address into the "Find Your School" button below, then complete the online registration process.
To register, you'll need:
- Child's birth certificate
- Proof of residence (renal agreement, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc.)
- Emergency contacts
- Child's health & immunization records
- Early Entrance
- What children are eligible for Early Entrance Testing?
- Why does my child, with a September birthday, have to be assessed when children with August birthdays do not?
- Why is the process for Early Entrance so rigorous?
- What will the assessment be like?
- Why do some students take longer or shorter amounts of time to complete the assessment?
- Should I talk to my child about going to Kindergarten this year?
- Is there an appeal process if my child DOES NOT qualify for Early Entrance into Kindergarten?
- Does Renton accept outside evaluations that show my child is ready for Kindergarten?
- Can my child be retested if they do not qualify?