KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION STARTS jANUARY 21, 2020
Registration for new kindergarten students begins Tuesday, Jan. 21, 2020. Parents of eligible students can visit their
neighborhood school to pick-up a registration packet. A child must be five years old by August 31 of the current year to be eligible for kindergarten enrollment.
Parents can fill out the necessary paperwork and register their child now. Tours of schools and meetings with teachers will be conducted in mid-April during the “Ready for Kindergarten” events being held at each school where staff will share expectations for students as they enter kindergarten and provide families with some fun activities to help ensure that your child is prepared.
We offer free full‐day Kindergarten program in every elementary school. Kindergartners attend school on the same schedule as those in grades 1-5.
- Core curriculum of reading; writing; mathematics; science; social studies; Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM); and additional experiences in art, music or PE
- Transportation is provided to students on an established bus route
- Early Entrance
- What children are eligible for Early Entrance Testing?
- Why does my child, with a September birthday, have to be assessed when children with August birthdays do not?
- Why is the process for Early Entrance so rigorous?
- What will the assessment be like?
- Why do some students take longer or shorter amounts of time to complete the assessment?
- Should I talk to my child about going to Kindergarten this year?
- Is there an appeal process if my child DOES NOT qualify for Early Entrance into Kindergarten?
- Does Renton accept outside evaluations that show my child is ready for Kindergarten?
- Can my child be retested if they do not qualify?