Skip To Main Content

Main Menu

Explore More


Renton School District

Title I Notice to Parents

Right To Review Teacher Qualifications

As a parent of a Title I student in the Renton School District, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who instruct your child. Federal law allows you to ask for certain information about your child’s classroom teachers and requires us to give you this information in a timely manner if you ask for it. Specifically, you have the right to ask for the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:

  • Whether the state’s Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) has licensed or qualified the teacher for the grades and subjects he or she teaches.
  • Whether OSPI has decided that the teacher can teach in a classroom without being licensed or qualified under state regulations because of special circumstances.
  • The teacher’s college major; whether the teacher has any advanced degrees and, if so, the subject of the degrees.
  • Whether any paraeducators provide instructional services to your child and, if they do, their qualifications.

If you would like to receive any of this information, please call Shelia Redick, Assistant Superintendent: Human Resources, (425) 204-2370.

Citizens Complaint Process

When a District received Federal Title I funds it allows us the opportunity to provide supplemental support programs for Title I eligible students. As a recipient of these funds we are required to inform you that if you have a complaint about the services offered under Title I and have not been able to resolve them through the District process, you may file a citizen complaint to the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).

A citizen complaint is a written statement that alleges a violation of a federal rule, law or state regulation that applies to a federal program.

  • Anyone can file a citizen complaint
  • There is no special form
  • There is no need to know the law that governs a federal program to file a complaint

Cuando un Distrito recibió fondos Federales del Title I nos permite la oportunidad de proporcionar programas de apoyo suplementarios para los estudiantes elegibles del Title I. Como un recipiente de estos fondos estamos obligados a informarle que si tiene una queja sobre los servicios ofrecidos bajo el Title I y no ha podido resolverlos a través del proceso del Distrito, usted puede archivar una queja del ciudadano a la Oficina del Superintendente de Instrucción Pública (OSPI por sus siglas en Inglés).

Una queja del ciudadano es una declaración escrita que alega una violación de una norma federal, ley o regulación estatal que se aplica a un programa federal.

  • Cualquiera persona puede archivar una queja del ciudadano
  • No hay ninguna forma especial
  • No hay ninguna necesidad de saber la ley que gobierna un programa federal para archivar una queja