English Language Learners (ELL) Program
The English Language Learner (ELL) Program at the Renton School District promotes cross-cultural understanding, and provides access to a rigorous academic curriculum while supporting students' growth in language acquisition.
FAMILY MEETING PRESENTATIONS
Our annual family meeting was held May 6, 2021. If you were unable to attend here is the PowerPoint and the links to the survey. The survey will remain open until June 11th.
Our annual family meeting was held May 6th, 2021. If you were unable to attend, here is the powerpoint and the links to the survey. They survey will remain open until June 11th.
Nuestra reunión familiar anual se llevó a cabo el 6 de mayo de 2021. Si no pudo asistir, aquí está el powerpoint y los enlaces a la encuesta. La encuesta permanecerá abierta hasta el 11 de junio.
Наше ежегодное семейное собрание состоялось 6 мая 2021 года. Если вы не смогли приехать, вот PowerPoint и ссылки на опрос. Опрос будет открыт до 11 июня.
Cuộc họp gia đình thường niên của chúng tôi được tổ chức vào ngày 6 tháng 5 năm 2021. Nếu bạn không thể tham dự, đây là powerpoint và các liên kết đến cuộc khảo sát. Cuộc khảo sát của họ sẽ vẫn mở cho đến ngày 11 tháng 6.
Renton School District offers a continuum of services that are responsive to the needs of the students it serves (18% of the total student population). At the most basic level, all RSD teachers are encouraged to be trained in Sheltered Instruction, which ensures they teach in a way that bilingual students can understand. Other services may range from EL staff consultation with teachers and principals, to newcomer students learning targeted language development in small groups.
- To provide ELLs with equal education access and benefits.
- To help staff and students understand the benefits of being multi-lingual, and to use multi-lingual families' culture and funds of knowledge to help students and the school community.
- To enable ELLs to become competent in listening, speaking, reading and writing English as outlined in the English Language Proficiency Standards (ELPS).
- To give ELLs the opportunity to experience early academic success while they learn English as a second language.
- To build knowledge and learning in content areas as students acquire English.
- To comply with federal/state legal regulations concerning the education of English Language Learners.
At least 99 home languages or dialects are spoken by Renton School District students.
Phone: (425) 204-2431