- DELTA Internships, Co-Ops and Jobs| Ages 18+
- Career Exploration
- Explore More
- Core Plus Maritime
- Pathful Connecting Industry to Classrooms
- Military Branches
- South Seattle College Apprenticeships Programs
- WA State Department of Transportation| 18+
- Nordstrom Careers
- Ashley Furnishings Careers| 18+
Explore your Career Path at ReadyWA.org
King County Water District virtual job-shadowing events
Find your path, prepare for your journey, and/or connect with colleges at College and Career Compass Washington.
Washington Business Week Virtual Leadership Camp- see Virtual Information Sessions for camp dates and details
Labor and Industry states that an apprenticeship combines on-the-job training with related instruction, all under the supervision of a journey-level professional. Apprentices are paid while they learn and develop knowledge, skills and abilities for a new Career Field.
Washington State Building & Construction Trades Council has Pre and Apprenticeship Training. They offer a world-class registered apprenticeship program in the construction field, that results in high-wage, highly skilled careers. Apprenticeship programs are a combination of on-the-job training and classroom instruction and provide family-sustaining wages, health coverage and retirement benefits from day one. Apprentices also receive periodic raises to reflect increased experience and commitment. Once the apprenticeship is completed, workers receive full journey level wages and possess a trade certification.
Good, construction union jobs for all.
Union Jobs at MLK Labor is a joint initiative of affiliated unions created with the goal of making high road employment more accessible to all. It is the local labor movement’s approach to ensuring an equitable recovery and shaping an inclusive economy and city.
We’re proud to work in collaboration with Partner in Employment, a leading workforce development organization in Washington, specializing in immigrant and refugee worker support.
Worksource: Tukwila, WA
Looking for a Job or Career? Worksource is a free public agency that assists those looking for employment.
- Research Careers/Job Boards
- Workshops and Hiring Events
- Training and Other Events
- Labor Market Information
- Resume' assistance
- Budget Calculator
- Persons with Disabilities
- And More
How to Find an Internship
If you haven’t already, you’ll quickly discover that one of the best ways to land a job (or an internship!) is through your connections. Think of the older adults in your life, like parents, teachers, administrators, coaches, grandparents, friends, and especially people with interests or careers that align with your future aspirations. Ask your network if they have or know of any internship opportunities, and even if they don’t right now, they’ll be likely to let you know when an opportunity does arise.
After networking with your friends and family, consider creating a LinkedIn profile to do some online networking. LinkedIn is an essential tool you will use in your professional career to connect with other professionals and explore job opportunities.
Once you’ve built a LinkedIn profile and have added your education, work experience, extracurriculars, and leadership experiences, you’ll be able to attract job recruiters. You can also use the LinkedIn job board to search for internships relevant to your interests and career goals!
Explore Local Opportunities
Are there any small, local Seattle businesses you love to support? Consider visiting the store location and asking the owner if they have any unadvertised internship opportunities. Chances are, they’re probably willing to give a loyal customer a chance to help their business succeed!
Discover National Opportunities
While local internship opportunities are always a great avenue to explore, national internship opportunities also offer incredible, well-respected experiences for high school students. You can often find national internships online. Search for your field of interest, such as STEM, journalism, and more, to find internships that align with your future major.
- Explore your Career Path at ReadyWA.org
- King County Water District virtual job-shadowing events
- Bellevue College Institute for Business and Information Technology Advising Day
- Find your path, prepare for your journey, and/or connect with colleges at College and Career Compass Washington.
- Occupational Mobility Explorer
Pathful is FREE to Renton School District Students.
Pathful connects educators and learners with a network of industry professionals, virtually, bringing real-world relevance and career exposure to all students. Pathful also provides a skills-based volunteering platform for organizations to extend education outreach, and build their brand among the future workforce.
Click on one of the topics below for more information.
- Creating a Student Account
- Register to join a Live Session
- Browse Video Library
- Research and Compare Careers
Students are able to
Browse video library, over 13,00 videos
Topics include careers, how to, etc
Military recruiters from the United States Air Force, Army, Marines, National Guard, Navy, and more, visit the high schools once a month to share information with students. These visits may be in the Career Center or at a table during lunch. This information may be updated throughout the year. Learn more about the brances of service at TodaysMilitary.com
Futures magazine provides the students and families with a sneak peak into the lives of our serviceman; from their careers, their professional goals, their daily life at work and off work, and educational opportunities and benefits.
WSDOT are stewards of a transportation system, not just a highway system. We have a responsibility to plan, design, build, operate, and maintain a transportation system that works safely and convenience for the people we serve, regardless of how they get around.
Check website for openings and “Day In The Life” videos.
Ashley hires for positive attitude and trains for skills. Find a career in sales, merchandising, warehouse, design etc.
Georgina Pringle | Field Recruiter
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc.
20623 34th Ave E | Spanaway, WA 98387
Cell 608-863-0646 | GPringle@Ashleyfurniture.com
www.ashleyfurniturehomestore.com | www.ashleyfurniture.com
Driver CDL Careers: ashleydistributionjobs.com
- PNW Education & Workforce Summit Virtual Panel & Career Fair
- Career Connect Washington Career Exploration at Home
- CITC: Construction Industry Training Council
The PNW Education and Workforce Summit Virtual Panel and Career Fair is now available on online. Watch videos from:
- AA Asphalting- No video available
- Contact: Tanya Kroum, Recruiter
- City of Seattle
- Green River College
- Neighbors Relocating Services: No video Available
- Contact: Guy Battaglia, Human Resource
- PCL Construction Services, Inc.
- Pedalheads Bike Camps
- Port Jobs
- Pudget Sound Window Maintenance
- Seattle Colleges
- Seattle Goodwill Industries
- Seattle Recruiting Company / US Army
- Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority
- Success Foundation - Southside Argonauts
- Offering two student summer programs- All students welcome.
- STEM Focused Challenge, "NASA's Roads on Mars Road Style challenge."
- Window into Work Program
- Offering two student summer programs- All students welcome.
- Washington National Guard
Questions, please send an email.
Career Connect Washington Career Exploration at Home
New Career Explore program kicking off for middle and high school students statewide: CareerConnect@Home, sponsored by Career Connect Washington. CC@H is an opportunity to provide students with critical career exploration that they may not otherwise receive given the COVID-19 school closures.
Here are the high-level details:
• Businesses, labor organizations, and industry associations are hosting live, online discussions about their industry and their work
Discussion topics will vary from day-to-day and may include employee panels on different careers at an organization, industry panels describing a job sector, specific work skills important to a career, and / or a current challenge an organization is working to solve
Click on link below to watch the video.
- Zillow- Technology and Innovation
- Learn about Cloud Computing with AWS-Educate
- Design and Creative Careers in Tech with Seven2
- Fighting Cancer through Research Bristol Myers Squibb
- Automotive Careers with ITAC
- Advanced Manufacturing with SEH
- Energy Utility Careers with AVISTA
- Fashion Start-Up Armoire
- Venture Capital and Startups with Madrona Venture Group
- MOD Pizza
- Running a Start-up with Moz
- Chef Edouardo Jordan, Culinary Careers and Business Ownership
- Serving in Local Government with Rep. Jesse Johnson and Zahra Roach
- Part 2-HealthPoint Community and Seattle Children's
- Working in Non-Profits with Committee for Children
- Journalism Careers with KUOW Radioactive
- Alaska Airlines
- Seattle Mariners
- Careers in Biotech with Adaptive Biotechnology
- Careers in Maritime Industry- Explore the world on commercial, scientific, and naval vessels.
- Grant Public Utility District- Powering WA with Hydroelectricity
- Management Consulting with Boston Consulting Group (BSG)
- Puget Sound Energy