Renton School District:
Mrs. Terry Derrig
Apprenticeship/Internship/Work Site Learning (WSL) Coordinator
Call/Text (206) 940-5750
Renton Technical College:
Ms. Chelsea Good
Academic & Career Counselor
Call (425) 235-2352 ext.5714
Follow RTC Running Start on Instagram: rtc_running_start
Application Due Date May 2, 2022
Home & Community Care Path to Nursing Career Launch
Providence Home & Community Care Career Launch
Renton School District has partnered with Providence and Washington Alliance for Better Schools (WABS) to offer an internship opportunity where students will learn about their choice position in the Healthcare Industry all while getting paid!
Applications Due April 1: https://providence.taleo.net/careersection/external/jobdetail.ftl?job=340275&lang=en#.YijLDcDCLsI.link
Please contact Terry Derrig for more information or view the video below.
Nursing Pathway Video
Nursing Pathway Presentation
Home & Community Care Program Video
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) are the backbone of health care, providing patients with compassionate support and clinical assistance. Pursuing a CNA license will help launch your nursing career and prepare you for continued nursing education. Our experienced teams take pride in giving compassionate care to our most vulnerable populations. We provide services with dignity and respect for the individual, forming meaningful relationships with our patients and improving their quality of life.
Student Internship Experience
•Paid internship in Issaquah, WA
•Free nursing education as a part of Running Start and tuition reimbursement program through employment with Providence
•Initial testing fee for the CNA license paid by the Renton School District’s Career and Technical Education program
•Job security after high school graduation
•This program will get the aspiring nurse access to a paid internship at Providence Marianwood and education that sets them on a path to becoming a Registered Nurse.
Benefits at Providence
•401k Retirement Plans with Matching
•Professional Development Programs
- Summer after junior year
- Paid internship at Providence Marianwood
- Senior year
- Begin free CNA coursework in high school & at RTC
- Following high school graduation
- CNA employment with Providence
- During first year of employment
- Take nursing courses & receive a certification in Home & Community Care
- And beyond
- This program will get the aspiring nurse access to a paid internship at Providence Marianwood and education that sets them on a path to becoming a Registered Nurse.
Opportunity Details For Programs
Opportunity May Include:
- 2-year program opportunity, with paid internships and education within chosen career field
- 240 hours paid internships the summers before and after senior year
- Free education as part of Running Start
- Benefited employment and job security immediately after high school in rapidly growing career fields!
Providence Home and Community Care is committed to helping patients get the most out of life.
Providence Home and Community Care is committed to helping patients get the most out of life. A chronic or life-limiting illness can be challenging, but we offer a full range of services to help patients meet those challenges and live life to the fullest. Our caregivers and programs serve more than 38,000 people of all ages in their homes or in a variety of facility-based settings every day. Our services include:
- Assisted Living: A broad range of services to enable the elderly and people with disabilities to live as independently as possible.
- Home Health: Quality health care provided in the comfort of home.
- Hospice & Palliative Care: Specialized care for those with life-limiting illnesses.
- Program Of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE): Comprehensive health care and social services to help the elderly remain healthy and independent for as long as possible, including activities and classes to support the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of seniors.
- Infusion and Pharmacy: Pharmaceutical and nutrition services in the patient’s home or in an ambulatory infusion suite.
- Skilled Nursing/Rehabilitation: Short-term rehabilitation following hospitalization before returning home and skilled care and assistance with daily activities in a warm, caring community for those with chronic and/or disabling conditions.
- Supportive Housing: Safe, affordable, independent living facilities for people with low-incomes and adults with disabilities in Washington, Oregon, and California.
Learn more about Providence and our Mission here.