Renton School District has partnered with Providence and Washington Alliance for Better Schools (WABS) to offer an internship opportunity where students will learn about their choice position in the Healthcare Industry all while getting paid!
Renton School District 11th grade students are encouraged to attend; all are welcome.
Please contact Terry Derrig for more information or view the video below.
*Applications Due April 15, 2022: https://bit.ly/ClinicalEngineeringTechnicianStudentIntern347245
Clinical Engineering applies medical technology to optimize healthcare delivery.
Clinical Engineering (CE) is a critical part of healthcare delivery at Providence and Swedish. With over 500,000 medical devices utilized in the delivery of healthcare, the installation, maintenance and oversight of these devices is the main focus of our CE teams. Each day they work alongside clinicians to ensure devices are safe and effective in diagnosing and treating patients.
Together, Providence and Swedish have over 50 hospitals and 700 clinic locations across seven states. Our CE teams support care delivery in all levels of care.
If playing a key role in serving the healthcare needs of your community through an interest in technology, equipment and science, Clinical Engineering might be the career path for you.
•Two paid internships within Clinical Engineering at Swedish
•Education to gain the ability to be hired as a clinical engineer at Swedish or Providence upon graduation from the two-year program.
•401k Retirement Plans with Matching
•Professional Development Programs
- Summer after junior year
- 6-week summer paid internship
- Senior year
- Take at least one Running Start class each quarter
- Following high school graduation
- Second 6-week paid summer
- Completion of Certificate Program
- Interview with Swedish and Providence
Opportunity May Include:
- 2-year program opportunity, with paid internships and education within chosen career field
- 6-week paid internships the summers before and after senior year
- Free education as part of Running Start
- Benefited employment immediately after high school in rapidly growing career fields!
- Job security after high school graduation
At Providence, we use our voice to advocate for vulnerable populations and needed reforms in health care. We are also pursuing innovative ways to transform health care by keeping people healthy, and making our services more convenient, accessible and affordable for all. In an increasingly uncertain world, we are committed to high-quality, compassionate health care for everyone – regardless of coverage or ability to pay. We help people and communities benefit from the best health care model for the future – today.
Together, our 120,000 caregivers (all employees) serve in 51 hospitals, 1,085 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas and Washington. The Providence family includes:
- Providence Across Five Western States
- Covenant Health in West Texas
- Facey Medical Foundation in Los Angeles, CA
- Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Orange County, CA
- Kadlec in Southeast Washington
- Pacific Medical Centers in Seattle, WA
- Swedish Health Services in Seattle, WA
As a comprehensive health care organization, we are serving more people, advancing best practices and continuing our more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Delivering services across seven states, Providence is committed to touching millions of more lives and enhancing the health of the American West to transform care for the next generation and beyond.
Applications Open March 2022