Students are invited to attend Career Fair Friday's
Renton School District has teamed up with *Nepris to bring you Career Fair Friday's! All students are invited to attend.
Every other Friday visit the Career Fair playlist below to explore your many interests and find the best fit for your happiness and future!
2021-2022 School Year:
- September 10th, 2021: Resume & Interviews
- September 17th, 2021: Industry Highlights
- October 1st, 2021: Trades
- October 15th, 2021: Business & Marketing
- October 29th, 2021: Interviews & Follow Up, Resume
- November 12th, 2021: STEM
2020-2021 School Year:
- March 5th, 2021: Industry Highlights
- March 12th, 2021: Trades
- March 26th, 2021: Résumé & Interviews
- April 9th, 2021: Business and Marketing
- April 23rd, 2021: STEM
- May 7th, 2021: Health Sciences
- May 21st, 2021: Skilled & Technical Sciences
- June 4th, 2021: Human Services
- June 18th, 2021: Agricultural Sciences
*Nepris connects educators and learners with a network of industry professionals, virtually, bringing real-world relevance and career exposure to all students. Nepris also provides a skills-based volunteering platform for organizations to extend education outreach, and build their brand among the future workforce.
In Agricultural Sciences classes, the topic is life. As long as human beings inhabit the planet, we will have a need for scientists and technicians to ensure that we are responsibly managing our food production and our natural resources consumption.
The Agricultural Sciences videos will be available June 18th and will feature the following topics:
- Agriculture, Food, & Natural Resources
- Animal Science Careers
- Growing Plants with Hydroponics
- Organic Farming & Modern Agriculture
- Insect DNA
Human Services is a vast field that describes many very different kinds of occupations. However, there is one common thread that runs throughout the Human Services field and defines it. Human Services are those jobs which provide a service to society.
The Human Services videos will be available June 4th and will feature the following topics:
- Career Exploration: Human Resources
- Working in Hospitality & Tourism
- Careers in Early Childhood
- Education & Related Fields
- Current Trends in (Culinary) Hospitality
Creative students who see themselves designing, planning, managing, building and maintaining the built environment, or processing materials into intermediate or final products will want to pursue courses in the Skilled & Technical Sciences Pathway.
The Skilled & Technical Sciences videos will be available May 21st and will feature the following topics:
- Creative Designer & Modern Message (Logos)
- Dental Implants & Dental Computer Aided Design
- Audio Production for Commercials & Films
- Computers, Networking & Art
- VLACS What Does It Mean To Work In Public Relations?
Health Sciences workers promote health and wellness. They may work directly with patients to diagnose and treat injuries and disease, or work behind the scenes in a laboratory or administrative role. Health Sciences is a robust and versatile career area that can lend itself to many different flexible career paths.
The Health Sciences videos will be available May 7th and will feature the following topics:
- Mental Health Career
- Health Communications
- Physical Therapy
- Day In The Life Fire Fighter EMT
- Exploring Health Care Careers
Careers in STEM fields will fuel innovation with bold ideas and game-changing prototypes. Additionally, more industries are turning to engineers, scientists and mathematicians to solve and prevent some of the world’s biggest problems.
The STEM videos will be available April 23rd and will feature the following topics:
- How Playing Video Games can help you to be an Engineer
- Native American STEM
- STEM Careers
- History of Technology & Where it is Going
- STEM Samsung
The Business & Marketing videos will be available April 9th and will feature the following topics:
- Marketing in the Business World
- Entrepreneurship (by Real Estate Agent)
- Dream the Biggest Dream
- Principals of Business Marketing & Finance
- Project Management
The Resume & Interviews videos will be available March 19th and will feature the following careers:
- Crafting Cover Letter & Resume
- Time Management Boot Camp
- Job Interviews & Resume
- Proper Telephone & Dress for Success
- What Not To Do In An Interview