Our schools are very thankful for the volunteers who offer to share their knowledge and valuable time with our athletic teams. Volunteers can assist the coach not only with fundamental skills, but to help create a positive learning environment where the athletes also learn sportsmanship, teamwork and responsibility.
To become an athletic volunteer with the Renton School District you must first meet the following requirements:
- Volunteers for high school athletics must be at least 19 years old.
- Volunteers must maintain a current 1st Aid/CPR/AED card. This must be from a "hands on" course. A copy of your card is required.
- Provide photo identification. A copy of your WA State Driver's License or Passport is required.
- Complete a Washington State Background Check authorization.
- Approval of head coach and building athletic director.
- Complete WIAA on-line rules clinics for specific sport rules, concussion management and sudden cardiac arrest. (Middle school volunteers need to only complete concussion and sudden cardiac arrest clinics).
- Complete the online application process through the link below.
Once all requirements are met the District Athletic Office will issue a Volunteer Badge. Volunteers MUST BE cleared through the above process AND have received their badge prior to being allowed to work with athletes. This badge MUST be worn at all times while volunteering.