Athletics and Activities
"To provide wholesome opportunities for student-athletes to develop from their experiences into well-rounded individuals capable of their full potential in a diverse, ever changing society."
We achieve this by teaching the values of self-discipline, commitment, teamwork, dedication and hard work. When learned properly these values assist in raising achievement levels of our student-athletes and also help prepare them for life after high school.
2020—2021 School Year Sports Seasons (Updated 2/24/21)
The KingCo Conference recently appealed to the WIAA regarding the order of athletic seasons, when those seasons will start and the length of the seasons. The WIAA has approved KingCo’s appeal.
With an interest in protecting spring sports due to their lost season last year, KingCo plans to offer the following seasons:
- KingCo Season 1- March 1 – April 3 (Fall Sports – Boys Golf, Boys Tennis, Cross Country, Football (Feb. 24 start), Girls Soccer, Girls Swim and Dive, and Volleyball
- KingCo Season 2- April 5 – May 8 (Winter Sports – Boys Basketball, Boys Swim, Competitive Cheer, Competitive Dance, Girls Basketball, Gymnastics (March 29 start), and Wrestling))
- KingCo Season 3- May 3 – June 12 (Spring Sports – Badminton, Baseball, Boys Soccer, Fastpitch, Girls Golf, Girls Tennis, and Track & Field).
The KingCo Athletic Directors, in concert with the KingCo Principals and KingCo Board of Directors, are in the process of developing a plan for schedules and agreed upon health and safety measures to be implemented as conditions and regional metrics allow. (NOTES: The RSD doesn’t offer all above listed sports. The KingCo Conference doesn’t offer bowling so we are working with other leagues to see if our bowling teams can be added to their league schedule).
We are pleased to report that we will offer an outdoor only off season conditioning program starting February 1st. Registration for the conditioning period is open at the following link Athletic Registration.
- All dates are tentative as we continue to adjust our school year in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- We will open registration for the KingCo seasons several weeks prior to the first allowable practice date. Please continue to check back for updated information.
- Due to shortened seasons, practices and contests could be scheduled on Saturdays and during traditional break periods such as Presidents Day and Spring Break.
Middle School Sports
Middle school sports seasons will be communicated once middle schools are able to return to in-person learning.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this very challenging situation. We will continue gather information and update you on state, regional, and local athletics news and decisions that affect Renton School District student athletes on our District website and social media. If you have questions feel free to contact your Building Athletic Director or the District Athletics Office.