Athletics and Activities
"To provide wholesome opportunities for student-athletes to develop from their experiences into well-rounded individuals capable of their full potential in a diverse, ever changing society."
We achieve this by teaching the values of self-discipline, commitment, teamwork, dedication and hard work. When learned properly these values assist in raising achievement levels of our student-athletes and also help prepare them for life after high school.
2020—2021 School Year Sports Seasons (Updated 4/7/21)
The KingCo Conference appealed to the WIAA regarding the order of athletic seasons, when those seasons will start and the length of the seasons. The WIAA has approved KingCo’s appeal.
With an interest in protecting spring sports due to their lost season last year, KingCo is offering the following seasons:
- KingCo Season 1- March 1 – April 3 (Fall Sports – Boys Golf, Boys Tennis, Cross Country, Football (Feb. 24 start), Girls Soccer, Girls Swim and Dive, and Volleyball
- KingCo Season 2- April 5 – May 8 (Winter Sports – Boys Basketball, Boys Swim, Girls Basketball, Gymnastics (March 29 start), and Wrestling)
- KingCo Season 3- May 3 – June 12 (Spring Sports – Baseball, Boys Soccer, Fastpitch, Girls Golf, Girls Tennis, and Track & Field).
The KingCo Athletic Directors, in concert with the KingCo Principals and KingCo Board of Directors, developed schedules and agreed upon health and safety measures. These safety measures are based on regional metrics.
- We will open registration for the KingCo seasons several weeks prior to the first allowable practice date. Please continue to check back for updated information.
- Due to shortened seasons, practices and contests could be scheduled on Saturdays and during traditional break periods such as Spring Break and Memorial Day.
Middle School Sports
We are not offering interscholastic sports this school year.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this very challenging situation. We will continue gather information and update you on state, regional, and local athletics news and decisions that affect Renton School District student athletes on our District website and social media. If you have questions feel free to contact your Building Athletic Director or the District Athletics Office.