At times, school operating hours or school bus transportation services may be adjusted or canceled due to bad weather. If inclement weather—like snow or ice—makes a school schedule change necessary, the decision will be made by the Superintendent and communicated by phone and email to families and staff by 5 a.m.:
- Call/email/text to all families
- Families can update contact information (phone/email) through Skyward Family Access
- Renton School District website and all school websites
- The district's Facebook page
- The district’s Twitter page
- The district's Instagram page
- Local media outlets (TV, radio)
If there is no change to the school day, and schools are operating on regular schedule, we will not call/email families or staff.
We will not automatically use in-home learning if we must close a school/s due to inclement weather. If weather and wind cause a school closure, its likely many homes are also without power and internet accessibility. We will make determinations on school closures and in-home learning based on specific weather and power availability.
Be sure your contact information is correct
Families and staff should ensure the school and district has their most current contact information in order to receive the call/email/text. Also, please remember that schools have limited phone lines and staff to answer phone calls: please reserve calls to your student's school for those that are most urgent.
- How are decisions about school closures made?
- Expectations for Certificated Staff When School is Closed/Delayed
- Expectations for Classified Staff When School is Closed/Delayed
- Expectations for Leadership Team When School is Closed/Delayed