Technology for Student Learning
Renton School District Vision for Digital Learning:
Using technology intentionally and innovatively leads to greater equity and achievement for all students by:
increasing rigorous learning opportunities
enhancing authentic learning environments
providing differentiated and personalized learning
supporting collaboration, productivity, and creativity
providing opportunities to develop and demonstrate critical thinking skills
This ensures high quality instruction and learning for every child, every day in every environment and advances our goals of achievement, college and career readiness, and equity and access.
In partnership with the Renton community, the Renton School District proudly provides all middle and high school students with their own device, which allows students to access to digital resources when and where they need them. Students have a direct connection to powerful learning tools, to resources for collaboration, productivity, and creation, and to increased learning opportunities. We believe in the potential of every single one of our students and are looking forward to seeing how they use the resources to drive their learning and grow as members of the Renton community as well as the increasingly interconnected world.
- Chromebook Protection Plan - English
- Chromebook Protection Plan - Spanish
- Chromebook Protection Plan - Vietnamese
All middle and high school students carry their devices to and from school with them during the school year. Access and activity on school district-provided devices is filtered and monitored. Learn more about internet filtering and categories of allowed/blocked content by grade band.
If students need WiFi access at home to support learning, they will be provided a WiFi hotspot. (Please make a request through the school's main office.)
RSD Staff Information:
RSD Staff can view more information regarding the 1:1 program by navigating to Technology Services on the RSDnet and selecting the 1:1 Chromebooks tile.
Support and Information
- Digital Tools: resources available for students
- Responsible Use Policy: guidelines for managing school devices and online presence safely and responsibly
- RSD Resources: platforms to support communication, collaboration, and learning
- Digital Learning Coaches: instructional support to schools
- Cybersecurity: technology safety information for students and families