Renton Technology Coordinating Council
The role of RTCC
- Assist in development and approve the District Technology Plan which guides district activities including expenditure of bond and general funds in support of technology.
- Consider, review and recommend policies and procedures related to technology use.
- Provide a forum for coordination of the activities of the technology subcommittees including:
- Instructional Technology
- Web Development,
- Library Technology
- Administrative Technology
- Assure that technology decisions maximize student performance and achievement.
- May 16, 2019: Project Review and 2019-20 Planning
- Mar 19, 2019: Internet Filtering Discussion
- Dec 15, 2018
All RTCC meetings are held in the KEC Board Room at 300 SW 7th Street, Renton, unless otherwise noted.
|Name||Area Represented||Title||Term Start||Term End|
|Ellen Dorr, Chair||Technology Services||Chief Technology Officer||9/2018||xx/xxx|
|Rahman Abdul||Technology Services||End user Support Director||09/2018|
|Kalisa Amparo||Maplewood Heights Elementary||Teacher 3rd/4th Discovery, TIS||09/2016|
|Suzie Bradford||Technology Services||Field Support Specialist||12/2018|
|Thomas Caudle||Hazen high School||Assistant Principal|
|Mike Cruz||Technology Services||Systems Analyst||12/2018|
|Bob Ettinger||Technology Services||Digital Learning Director||9/2018|
|Colin Falk||Lindbergh High School||Assistant Principal||12/2018|
|Barbara Folmer||Technology Services||District Web Coordinator||6/2008|
|Jason Franklin||Finance & Operations||Exec. Director Business Services||9/2016|
|Cathy Gonzalez||Technology Services||Systems Analyst||12/2018|
|Ron Hansen||City of Renton||Network Systems Manager||4/2009|
|Dr, Shannon Harvey||Learning & Teaching||Deputy Superintendent||11/2017|
|Tom Howley||Technology Services||Infrastructure Director||9/2018|
|Alisa Louie||Board of Directors||Director||11/2017|
|Shari Mann||Tiffany Park Elementary||Teacher, 2nd Grade||4/2014|
|Randy Matheson||Community Relations||Executive Director||9/2016|
|Gioia Pitts||Dimmitt Middle School||Principal||12/2018|
|Mark Sabo||Career & Technical Education||CTE Facilitator||12/2018|
|Rachel Sherin||Sierra Heights Elementary||Librarian||12/2018|
|Stewart Shusterman||FOMC||Construction Coordinator|
|Susan Smith Leland||Finance & Operations||Assistant Superintendent||1/2016|
|Kevin Smith||Career & Technical Education||Director||11/2017|
|Dr. Karen Soine||Curriculum & Instruction||Assistant Director||1/2016|
|Kerrie Thornton||Technology Services||Assistant / Meeting Recorder||3/2019|
- I. Name of Committee
- II. Purpose of Committee
- III. Relationship
- IV. Membership
- V. Offricers, Duties and Representation
- VI. Meeting of the Committee
- VII. Amendements
The role of the Renton Technology Coordinating Council is to assure that technology decisions
maximize student performance and achievement and business operations efficiency by:
- providing a forum for gathering input from community and school stakeholders on technology goals and needs
- assisting in development and approve recommendation of the District Technology Plan to the Board of Directors
- The Technology Plan guides District activities including expenditure of bond and general funds in support of technology,
- reviewing and recommending policies and procedures related to technology use
Section 1. Size, Composition and Representation
The Committee shall be comprised of 18 - 25 members representing staff and community members. The Office of the Superintendent/Designee will appoint members. Membership shall include:
<Bylaws Chart Here>
* Student subcommittee will be led by the Director of Instructional Technology, will meet separately and report to RTCC. Students are not voting members of RTCC.
Section 2. Term of Office
The term of office shall be for three years beginning on September 1 and ending on August 31. Active members may be assigned to consecutive terms after a call new volunteers returns unanswered. Some positions will be continuing by virtue of their positions (i.e., CTO, Assistant Superintendents, Managers, Directors, etc.).
Section 3. Voting
Recommendations of the committee shall ordinarily be by consensus. Sufficient consensus may be used when agreed upon by the group.
Section 4. Resignation
Any member may resign by filing a written resignation with the Chairperson.
Section 5. Vacancy
Any vacancy on the Committee shall be filled for the remainder of the expired term through the Office of the Superintendent/Designee.
Section 1. Chairperson[s]
The chairperson[s] shall be the Chief Technology Officer. The chairperson[s] or designee shall preside at all meetings, sign all communications of the committee and prepare meeting agendas.
Section 2. Steering Committee
A Steering Committee shall develop recommendations to the Committee for its consideration and possible action. The Steering Committee shall be composed of the Assistant Superintendent of Learning and Teaching, Assistant Superintendent of Business Operations, Chief Technology Officer, Executive Director of Career and Technical Education, Director of Instructional Technology, Manager of Customer Services, Manager of Technology Infrastructure, Director of Assessment and Student Information Services, Administrative Assistant Representative, and Business Representative.
Section 3. Secretary
The Chairperson[s] shall select a Committee secretary.
The secretary shall:
- Ensure that all notices are given of the meetings.
- Be custodian of the Committee's records including:
- Record the minutes
- Distribute the minutes
- Amend the minutes as required by the Committee
- Maintain a register of the address, e-mail address, and telephone number of each member of the Committee
- Ensure all necessary duties for proper functioning of the Committee are completed according to the Committee consensus
Section 1. Agenda
A tentative agenda for the next meeting will be established at the conclusion of each meeting. The final agenda shall be developed jointly by the Chairperson and the Steering Committee and shall be consistent with the purposes of the Committee.
Section 2. Open Meetings
All meetings of the Committee shall be open to the public.
Section 3. Place of Meetings
The committee shall hold its meetings in a facility designated and scheduled by the Renton School District.
Section 4. Time and Dates
The time and dates of the meeting shall be established by the committee. At least five (5) meetings shall be held during the school year.
Section 5. Minutes
The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings and provide copies [hard copy or electronic copy] to Committee members,to the Superintendent and to member of the Board of Directors.
Section 6. Quorum
No vote shall be conducted unless a quorum is present. A quorum is a majority of formally assigned members at the time of the meeting.
Section 7. Conduct of Meetings
All meetings of the committee shall be conducted in accordance with Robert's Rules of Order or in accordance with an appropriate adaptation thereof.
Section 8. Staff
Staff members or others may be invited to attend and participate in presentations and as resource persons.
Section 9. Visitors
Appropriate time shall be provided at each meeting for others in attendance to present their views.