What We Do
Security Team Approach
- Safeguard students, staff employees, and visitors at each district facility.
- Safeguard district buildings, grounds, equipment, and other valuable assets.
- Safeguard non-district property temporarily or permanently used by the district.
- Respond with appropriate actions to emergencies from policies governing Scope of Duty.
- Maintain direct communications with first-responders.
The district is prepared to handle various emergencies (weapons, accidents, fire, lockdown, earthquake, etc.).
The district maintains active partnerships with the King County Office of Emergency Management (KCOEM), City of Renton’s Emergency Operations Center (CREOC), Operations Team, Renton Police Department (RPD), Renton Fire Department (RFD), Valley Communications Center (VCC), and Washington Alarm Company (WAC) to manage anomalies that have and/or could occur within district.
Did you know?
- We actively patrol the district 24/7/365 with on-call rotational shifts?
- We monitor cameras, respond to alarms, and test emergency communications equipment?
- We have emergency equipped vehicles?
- Our High Schools and Middle Schools have assigned School Safety Officers on each campus?
- Our High Schools have a dedicated School Resource Officer (SRO) on each campus?