Citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
citizens' Bond Oversight Committee
Superintendent Dr. Damien Pattenaude directed the formation of a Citizens’ Bond Oversight Committee (CBOC) comprised of Community members, School Board representatives, and administrative and support staff to monitor the implementation of bond projects. The CBOC will serve to conduct independent, ongoing review of the major projects approved by voters on the November 5, 2019 Bond Measure. Assistant Superintendent of Finance and Support Services, Dr. Fred Maiocco, will serve as a liaison to the group.
Bond Oversight Committee Members
Renton School District Board liaisons
Dr. Stefanie McIrvin
Rich Wagner - Committee Chair
Bond Oversight Committee Charge
The committee will meet at least semiannually, and provide periodic written progress reports to the Superintendent and Board of Directors. The committee will be responsible to:
- Review the process to solicit, qualify and select general contractors and vendors for major projects.
- Review financial statements for congruence between the identified bond projects and spending.
- Review requests for major changes in the expenditure of funds (e.g., project change order proposals in amounts greater than $1,000,000) and make recommendation for/against such proposals.
- Make recommendations to the Superintendent and Board as to policies and procedures which will enhance accountability for bond dollars to district stakeholders.
- Assist in maintaining public trust and confidence in the district through active involvement in communications related to the bond projects.