These instructions are to help get you started with creating your online account within Schedules, which is used by the district to manage all of the facility rentals at each of its locations.
Before you begin, it is suggested that you review the User Classification section to determine which level your group(s) falls under. This is used to determine the rental fees associated with your requests and will need to be selected when creating your group within the system.
Also, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Rules and Regulations governing facility rentals. It is required that each person making a rental request within each group acknowledge receipt and understanding of these requirements.
- Accessing Master Library - Schedules
- New Account Setup and Registration
- Creating an Event Request
- Viewing and Paying Invoices
- Email Communication Examples
Accessing Master Library - Schedules
If you are a new user that wishes to rent a space within the Renton School District, please register and create your group within Schedules by clicking on the Register button and following the steps below.Existing users who have already completed the registration process can click on the Login button.
New Account Setup and Registration
IMPORTANT: Before you begin, it is necessary to obtain a certificate of insurance from your provider or broker. Without this certificate, you will not be able to proceed past the first screen of the account setup. Requirements for the certificate can be found here: Insurance Requirements.
NOTE: It is possible to be added to a group that already exists. If you know that someone else from your organization has already been setup, please email the Facility Rental team and we can get you added. This process will send you a welcome email that allows you to finish your account setup.
To begin the account setup and registration process, start by navigating to our online portal.
This page will also be used to access the Facility Rental website after you have successfully completed the setup process.
- Username & Password – After you have created your account or set your password from an email prompt, you can enter the username and password here to log-in.
- Create New Account – For new users, click on the “Create New Account” link to move to the New Account Setup step in the process.
- Forgot Password – If you are already setup but need to reset your password, this link will allow you to enter your email address and receive a reset link.
New Account Setup
In the setup process, there are several sections of information that is required before you can proceed or successfully submit your request.
- New Account Setup – Please complete all fields in the User Information section, except for your password.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have selected the level classification in the third step. Your password will be removed when the page refreshes during that step.
- Group Information – Each of the fields are required. The Group Name should be your organization, which should match your certificate of insurance and registration documents (if non-profit).
- Additional Group Information – In this section you will select the classification that best matches your organization’s location and status. For reference and review, please visit the User Classification section of the website.
NOTE: If you are unsure which level your organization falls under, please select your best guess. We review ALL requests and will adjust the classification as needed.
- External/Outside Groups – A certificate of insurance is required for us to approve your account setup. Upload that certificate here and indicate what the expiration date is. For information and specific requirements for the certificate, including the certificate holder, visit the Insurance Requirements section of the website.
Upload files by clicking on the Browse Button(s).
- Additional Group Files – For our clients that are non-profits, we request that you provide proof. Either your state registration, previous year’s I9, or other incorporating documents that include a UBI for verification. If we do not have this, we will adjust the group level to the for-profit category. Also, for our clients that are using our facilities for sporting activities, we require a supplement to be signed and included in your file. Please download the Concussion Head Injury Supplement, sign and upload during this process.
- Captcha – For security purposes, we require you to complete a captcha prior to submitting the form. Check the box and complete any pop-up selections required. Sometimes, no pop up occurs, and you can proceed to the next step.
After all the information has been completed and files have been selected, click the “Create User Account” button.
NOTE: If any of the required fields are missing, when you click the Create User Account button, a warning will display at the top, indicating what information is missing. Correct any missing information and click the Create User Account button again.
IMPORTANT: Once you have successfully completed the registration and account setup, it must be reviewed by the Facility Rental team. You will receive and email once that review has occurred, and you are able to begin making booking requests. Please allow 48 – 72 hours for review, we will reach out to you if we need to update or have questions.
Creating an Event Request
Making a Request
For anyone that would like to use district facilities outside of the “Educational Day”, we require those requests to be in the Schedules System.
NOTE: The education day is defined as the time when students are in schools actively learning or in class. Each location may vary but an example would be a regular, non-holiday, where students are in High School from 7:20am to 2:10pm. Those hours would be considered the educational day. If the date is a holiday or the district is otherwise closed, that would be a non-educational day.
To begin making a request, you must have completed the “New Account Setup and Registration” section AND received confirmation that your organization is approved.
Log in to your account in our online portal.
Click the “New Request” button in the upper right-hand corner to begin.
The system will first gather some basic information about your request and help determine if the resource you are wanting to book is available. Enter the requested information, noting all fields are required.
- Group – If you are the manager of more than one group, you can change the group that will be associated with this request. If you are only part of one group, that will be selected for you by default.
- Site(s) – Narrow down the list of spaces by first selecting the Site(s) that you are wanting. Sites are defined as being a school or administrative building. Either begin typing the name of the site that you want or click in the box and select from the drop down.
- Spaces(s) – Select the specific spaces that you would like to check availability for. It is possible to check multiple spaces within multiple sites all at one time. Either begin typing or click in the box and select from the drop-down.
- Frequency – By default, one time event is selected. Your options are;
- One Time Event - A single event that occurs on a single date at a specific time but could be at multiple locations.
- Daily – Allows the creation of an event that occurs daily between two specified dates.
- Daily (Weekdays Only) – Allows the creation of an event that occurs daily except the weekends.
- Weekly – Allows the creation of an event that occurs once per week (every seven days) on the same day of the week.
- Every Other Week – Allows the creation of an event that occurs once every other week (every fourteen days) on the same day of the week.
- Multiple Days Per Week – Allows the creation of an event that occurs on specific days of the week and will repeat each week through the selected “End Date”.
- Monthly – Allows the creation of an event that occurs on the same date of each month.
- Custom Frequency – Allows the creation of an event that occurs on the dates that are selected on the calendar. This can be back-to-back, each week, etc. NOTE: If you adjust the Frequency, you will want to click on the “View Availability” button at the bottom to update the list in the Space Available section.
- Date & Time Information – Select the Start Date for your event. The End Date automatically populates with the same date. If you are creating a re-occuring event, adjust the End Date.
Select the time your event will start. This should include any time that will be required for setup. Adjust the End Time, which should also include any tear-down time. (Setup and Tear-down will be accounting for in the next step.
Click the View Availability button to see a list of the selected dates, times, and spaces.
- Delete Selection – If a space is not available or the system has selected a date that you do not wish to book, clicking the “X” will remove the occurrence from the list. Clicking on the date allows you to update that specific instance.
- Start Date – Each of the occurrences that the system has selected will be listed with the dates and times for each of those. The start or end time can be adjusted for one or all of the instances before proceeding.
- Available – If the selected date and time is not available, that occurrence will be listed with a “NO” in the right column. Spaces with a “YES” are available for those dates and times and bookable.
- View Availability/Continue – If you have modified dates or times, it is recommended that you click “View Availability” to refresh the list. If you are satisfied with the dates and times, click the “Continue” button to move on to the next step.
After verify the dates are available for your request, you will then need to provide additional information before finally submitting the event.
IMPORTANT: Each space that you select may have additional fields not shown below. If you have questions or need assistance in determining what information is required, please email the Facility Rental Team.
- Event Information – Please provide a name for the event as well as indicate, in minutes, how much setup and breakdown time you included in the previous step. If you have specific notes, please enter those here. Also, please select an Event Type. NOTE: If your event type is not listed, please select “Other – Not Listed” and provide details in the notes box.
- Additional Information – Enter the number of attendees in the left box and any notes related in the box adjacent. We also ask you if you will be serving food. If you select YES, please write a brief description in the box to the right.
- Equipment – Some of our locations can provide tables and chairs. Please indicate how many you would like. Also, indicate if you anticipate using the sound system. NOTE: We cannot guarantee the use of district equipment. If you have specific questions or concerns, please reach out to the Facility Rental Team.
- Calendar Information – Please include any information you would like the public to know about your event. This field is optional.
- Attachments – This section is optional, however, it allows you to attach files that will be included in the routing and approval of your request. This could be a layout for the tables and chairs, a flyer, a show flow, etc.
- Terms & Conditions – Please indicate that you have read our Terms & Conditions. If you have not, click the “View” link to open the rental handbook for review.
- Email Confirmation – While a final approval email will be sent, this will have the system send you a confirmation e-mail of your submission. This confirmation email does not constitute a rental agreement, only a final (approved) agreement guarantees the rental.
- Continue to Estimated Costs – Once you have completed all of the information, you will then be given an opportunity to view the anticipated costs. Please know that we may adjust these costs during the final approval process and they do NOT include staffing changres for your event.
- Estimated Cost – Each space that is being requested will be displayed and includes the estimated cost for the rental. Also, included with the request is the required application fee (when applicable).
- Confirmation – To continue and submit your request, check the box affirming you have reviewed the anticipated costs and click the “Confirm & Submit Request” button.
Viewing and Paying Invoices
Paying an Invoice
Payments are made towards existing invoices with a remaining balance. If you do not have any outstanding invoices, a payment cannot be made.
NOTE: Schedules is integrated with PayPal, however, a PayPal account is not necessary if you are paying with a Visa, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express card.
Start by logging into Schedules and then from the menu on the left click on “Invoices” and then “My Invoices”.
A list of all invoices will be displayed, including those that have already been paid.
If an invoice shows a positive balance in the right column, you can click on the magnifying glass icon to view the details of that invoice.
This will open the details for that specific invoice and provide an opportunity to pay the invoice balance or required deposit.
- Balance Due – The remaining balance for this invoice is listed, this reflects any partial or deposit payments maid.
- Pay Remaining Balance – To pay the necessary 50% deposit, select this drop down and select “Pay 50% Deposit.”
- Debit or Credit Card – A PayPal account is not required to make a payment with a Debit or Credit card. Clicking this button will open the form to enter your credit card details.
- Invoice Summary – Important summary data for the currently viewed invoice including previously paid amounts and dates.
- Line Items – An application fee is included for all booking requests, each line item is listed individually.
- Rental Use Fees – For most requests, a use fee is required. Details, including link to the event request is listed as a new line item.
You may print or email any invoice by clicking on the buttons at the bottom.
Email Communication Examples
The following examples are emails that the Schedules system will send you. Please ensure that you have added email@example.com to your allowed list.
Submitted Event Confirmation
When you submit an event, you will receive a confirmation email that it was successfully submitted. After events are submitted, they go through an approval process, and we anticipate providing a decision within ten (10) days.
Confirmed Event Request
Once your event request has been reviewed and approved, you will receive a confirmation email. This email will contain a printable PDF of your contract. Please ensure you have access to this email while on district property, if a staff or security person may request to view it.
When a request is submitted, reviewed, and approved. An email will be sent that contains your invoice. This first invoice includes the application fee and 50% deposit for the anticipated charges. Before we can approve your event, this invoice needs to be settled.
Following each event, a final invoice will be sent reflecting the remaining balance and any additional charges or reductions in cost.