Open Enrollment - Current Employees
Open enrollment is October 26th through November 23rd, 2020. SEBB My Account and forms will be available on October 26th.
Please keep in mind the following:
The administration authority of employee benefits for Washington State school district employees is the Health Care Authority (HCA). Program governance of District benefits is administered by the Schools Employee Benefits Board (SEBB). The District's role for employees is acting as a liaison between you, "the employee", and the HCA. The District cannot make changes to program benefits options or make program exceptions.
The District does administer programs "not offered" by SEBB. This current open enrollment includes a long-term care insurance option. More information about this benefit can be found on this page below the SEBB benefits information.
Not making plan changes for 2021? You are highly encouraged to review options and consider your circumstances with how they impact you. If you do not want to make any changes and your health plans are still available in your county for 2021, you do not need to take action except for Flexible Spending Arrangements. The Flexible Spending Arrangements (FSA) program requires enrollment each year. See the FSA information section below.
Premiums and Benefit Information
There are no school employee premiums for dental and vision coverage, or basic life, basic accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D), and basic long-term disability (LTD) insurance. These benefits are paid for by your employer. You may also buy supplemental LTD insurance for yourself, and supplemental life and supplemental AD&D insurance for yourself and your dependents.
- Medical plan premiums
- Medical premiums, deductibles, and out-of-pocket maximums 2021 (printable)
- Supplemental life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance premiums
- Supplemental long-term disability (LTD) insurance premiums
Continuation coverage subscribers:
- SEBB Continuation Coverage monthly medical, dental, and vision premiums 2021 (printable)
- SEBB Continuation Coverage monthly medical, dental, and vision premiums
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance premiums
Supplemental long-term disability (LTD) insurance enrollment opportunity
From October 26 through November 23, 2020, eligible school employees have a one-time opportunity to enroll and purchase supplemental LTD during the SEBB Program's annual open enrollment. Here are the advantages of enrolling in supplemental LTD during this one-time opportunity:
- Online enrollment via SEBB My Account. Normally, you would have to use a paper form to enroll in supplemental LTD outside of the usual 31-day enrollment period.
- No evidence of insurability. Proof of good health is not required during the 2020 plan year when enrolling in SEBB supplemental LTD coverage for the first time.
- Pre-existing condition coverage. Coverage for pre-existing conditions will be provided under the Continuity of Coverage provision for employees who had prior LTD coverage through December 31, 2019.
Supplemental LTD coverage elected during the 2020 annual open enrollment period will be effective January 1, 2021. If you haven’t enrolled in supplemental LTD yet, now is a great time to consider enrolling in this important benefit.
The Medical Flexible Spending Arrangement (FSA) lets you set aside pretax money from your paycheck to pay for out-of-pocket health care costs. Subscribers must enroll in their FSA programs each tax year. This requires subscribers complete a new enrollment form prior to the close of open enrollment on November 23rd. Navia Benefit Solutions processes claims and provides customer service for School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) subscribers.
For Assistance with the HCA "My Account" Access
Please call 1-855-548-3100
The District does not administer log in access.
Employee Benefits Contacts:
General Benefits Inquiries please email: