Volunteering at Talbot Hill
Here at Talbot Hill, we have many opportunities for volunteering ranging from one-time events to weekly.
Did something sound interesting? Let us know! Or contact your student's teacher. Or contact Talbot Hill PTO at email@example.com about PTO events.It is important that you complete a WSP background check before you volunteer. To get this form, contact our main office or go to the Renton School District's page about Volunteering Opportunities. Once this application is approved, it is valid for 2 years.When you come to school, be sure to sign in at the main office, and get a visitor's badge - and sign out when you leave.Also, several companies in the area (Boeing, Microsoft, Starbucks...) match volunteer hours with cash. Our MicroSociety is set up to receive donations from those types of company matches. The volunteer hours can usually be completed by either the employee or family members. For more information, contact Talbot Hill Educational Trust (THET).
- Assist with traffic flow before and after school.
- Engage in outdoor activities during recess.
- Go on a field trip with your student! We have about 20-25 field trips during the year, so watch for afield trip announcement coming home.
- Help your student's teacher - put up bulletin boards, run copies, read with children, fill Take-home folders.
- Help during Microtime - if you like gardening or creative crafts or helping students learn about business, we have a place for you! All of our teachers participate in our MicroSociety, and they always welcome another pair of hands to help!
- Help with special events - help with Picture Day or Health Screenings. There are evening programs that need to be set up and cleaned up after, sell concessions...
- For the guys - become a Watch DOG - spend a day at the school - in your student's classroom, at recess & lunch, in other classrooms