Student Transfer Requests
If you wish to request a transfer please keep in mind the following:
- You will have to provide your own transportation; transportation will not be prearranged for transfers.
- A request can be denied.
- Capacity of the requested school, Academic History, Attendance History and Disciplinary History are taken into consideration.
- Elementary School requests do not have to be requested more than once.
- Middle School and High School transfers must be re-requested annually.
- Choice Transfers are for residents of the Renton School District who would like to request enrollment in another school district.
- Intra-district Transfers are for residents of the Renton School District who wish to enroll their student in a Renton school other than his/her assigned school.
- Out-of-Area-Residence Daycare Registration is only for elementary students who live in the Renton School District and want to attend the Renton elementary school in the area in which their daycare is located. Please turn this form in at the elementary school in the area in which their daycare is located.
- Non-resident students who wish to enroll their student in the Renton School District must contact their given school district and provide a release from their boundary district, annually.