Career Cruising is a useful tool in supporting you as you work on your High School and Beyond Plan.
Career Cruising is a self-exploration and planning program that helps people of all ages achieve their potential in school, career and life. Use the online portfolio to explore your areas of interests, careers that support your areas of interest and explore post-secondary options.
Student user name is "RSD-fir.las000," the same as your RSD computer login name. Your password is your student ID (lunch ID).
Visit Ms. Fulmer or ask your teacher for your Career Cruising student login or password.
The BigFuture is a free, comprehensive resource that improves the college planning experience for students and families. BigFuture by the College Board guides all students through the college planning process, making it easier and less overwhelming. The step-by-step approach demystifies college planning, particularly for those students who are the first generation in their families to attend college.
Career Bridge is Washington's one-stop source for career and education planning.
- Explore Careers--See how your talents align with a career by taking a quiz.
- View Job Trends--Next, discover if a career is growing and how much it pays.
- Find Education--Finally, search nearly 6,000 education programs to find locations and costs, whether students got jobs, what industries they went to work in, and how much they were paid.
With Career Bridge, you'll also discover:
- Average earnings and employment outlook for each career.
- Hot jobs for the future - projected openings per year in Washington State through 2018.
- What you'll need to learn to get those jobs.
- How to pay for your education.
What's Your Career Action Plan? WA Career Paths brings the best resources in Washington to your fingertips!
- Find a career that's compatible with you - Take a survey to match your personality, interests, and skills
- Make a plan - Get a Jumpstart in High School
- Apprenticeship Advantage - There's a program for you!
- Resources for Financial Aid
- Resources for finding your next job
Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE)
Considering attending a college or university outside of Washington state? The cost of being an out-of-state resident have you worried? Explore colleges and universities that participate in the Western Undergraduate Exchange program and discover how affordable it may be for you to attend a college or university outside of Washington.
If you are a resident of a WICHE (Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education) state, you are eligible to request a reduced WUE tuition rate of 150% of the resident rate at more than 150 participating institutions in the West. The WUE database includes which institutions participate, and which programs are available at the WUE rate. More information, including participating schools and how to request the reduced rate visit the WUE website.
The Renton School District does not sponsor, endorse, or recommend any of the organizations, services or activities described in this information. This information is provided solely for the convenience of our students and parents to assist in their review of the safety and suitability of such organization service and activities.
Our school web pages may connect directly to outside web pages. Those direct connections contain information or resources deemed as useful or interesting for our parents or students. However, in the inter-connected world of web pages, we have no control over the content of indirect links to other pages and sources. We therefore advise caution and supervision when venturing beyond our school pages and their direct links.