5th Grade Discovery Supply List
NOTE: A home computer where students can access Microsoft Office or Office365 (the online, cloud version of Office) and read Adobe PDFs files is strongly advised. This classroom uses Canvas to deliver instructional materials. If this presents a hardship, please let me know as soon as possible to plan alternatives. Also, some students may choose to bring in their own tablets (such as iPads® and SurfacesTM) for assignments. The District permits this but please know students are responsible for the device and safety in the classroom (which we will discuss during the first week of class.)
For individual purchase:
- Backpack, standard size
- 1 three-hole spiral bond notebook (wide ruled, at least 100 pages) for math work journal
- Pencil Pouch (3-hole, with zipper, no pencil boxes please)
- OPTIONAL: 1 flashdrive (8.0 GB minimum) plus lanyard (Office365 and Canvas eliminates the need for a flashdrive…however, some students may feel more comfortable with them)
The following items may be purchased individually –OR- to simplify your back to school purchasing, the PTO will purchase for you. Please send a check of $30-$35 payable to Talbot Hill PTO. In the memo section, please write “Crandall 5th grade supplies”. The check can be left at the front office or mailed to Talbot Hill Elementary PTO 2300 Talbot Road S, Renton WA 98055 before August 23.
- 1 package of 8 tabbed dividers à Example: Office Depot® Dividers with Multicolor Tabs
- 1 three- ring binder (1 inch preferred, no Trapper Keepers®) – this will come home daily
- 4 highlighter pens (assorted colors)
- Ruler with inches and centimeters
- 1 Protractor (NOTE: this is not needed until Spring)
- 3 Erasers (Pink Pearl® type)
- Colored pencils (24 preferred)
- Washable markers
- 2 medium point permanent black markers – like Sharpie® markers
- 4 black or blue erasable pens
For community classroom use:
- 2 Boxes of tissues (like Kleenex®)
- 4 Glue Sticks
- Pencils (4 dozen #2 pencils)
- 1 package of notebook paper (wide ruled, 3-hole)
- 1 package of graph paper
**Please label each item with student’s name including jackets, sweaters, etc.
Thank you for helping your child have a smooth start to the new school year!
Download a PDF of the 5th Grade Discovery Supply List
Provide for Emergency Supplies
$5 for each student for Emergency Supply Kits
The Parent/Teacher Organization (PTO) will use the funds collected to supply each classroom with the essential items needed in the event of an emergency or disaster situation. It is important that we have full participation with this monetary request to insure the safety of our students. Please plan to give your student's $5 contribution to his/her teacher by the first week of school.