School District: Renton
School Location: Renton
Began participating in the Green Schools Program: September 2011
Level One of the Green Schools Program: May 2013
Waste Reduction and Recycling (Level One)
- Charles A. Lindbergh High School reached a recycling rate of 55 percent.
- Graphics art students and members of the student club Skills USA designed artwork for the lids of the recycling containers.
- In 2012-13 the school began to collect recyclable materials in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Students assist the custodial staff by emptying classroom recycling containers. The custodians manage the collection of recycling containers in the cafeteria and kitchen.
- King County Green Schools Program provided dollies to help make collection of recyclable materials from classrooms and other locations easier. Student teacher assistants collect recyclable materials from the third floor and transport the materials downstairs for the custodial staff to collect.
Other Conservation Actions
- The 200-member student Environmental Club expanded the school garden to four beds.
- Environmental Club and Key Club members organize after school litter pick-ups.
For more information about the school’s conservation achievements and participation in the Green Schools Program, contact:
||Recycling graphics created by students for cafeteria recycling container lid.