What’s your 60 Spanish?
Online Learning and Practice
- Quizlet - The best way to practice the vocabulary you need to know for your Spanish class. Find this week’s word lists and keep track of your progress. Use all the features including audio support, games, spelling practice, unique tests of increasing difficulty, and diagnostics tools to help you concentrate on the words you struggle with most.
- Duolingo *highly recommended - Create an account and have fun learning Spanish with this interactive, gamified language learning software. Provides excellent opportunities to develop listening and speaking skills in addition to building vocabulary and understanding grammar.
- Duolingo - https://www.duolingo.com/
- Mi Vida Loca - A multimedia interactive experience. The drama takes you on a wild ride through Spain; you have to use your Spanish to solve the mystery. Produced by the BBC. Great for absolute beginners or for intermediate speakers looking for a fun review.
- StudySpanish.com - Lessons, examples, and quizzes that can help students reinforce classroom learning.
- SpanishDict.com - A high quality resource, particularly for detailed discussion of challenging grammar topics. Also, flashcards grouped by theme are a great way to expand vocabulary.
- Flashcards - http://www.spanishdict.com/flashcards
- Conjugate Any Verb - http://www.spanishdict.com/conjugation
- Grammar by Topic (with quizzes) - http://www.spanishdict.com/grammar
- Word of the Day (like this page on Twitter or Facebook to see it every day in your feed) - http://www.spanishdict.com/wordoftheday
Podcasts and Music
- Coffee Break Spanish - Radio Lingua Network - These entertaining podcasts help develop listening skills and general familiarity with the language. Dozens of unique episodes, each lasting about twenty minutes. Subscribe at iTunes to make sure you always have it handy on your device when you have a few minutes to kill.
- Pandora, Spotify, Google Play, Apple Music
Whatever your cloud-based music provider, you can easily create or subscribe to Spanish-language channels or stations. Try some salsa, merengue, ranchera, cumbia, classic rock, or contemporary pop and find a style you like. Some providers, such as Pandora, allow you to view the lyrics of the songs being played.
- BBC Mundo (intermediate) - Shorter, straightforward writing makes this a great website to challenge the reading skills of the intermediate Spanish language learner.
- El País (advanced) - This excellent, Mexico-based newspaper has articles at a higher reading level.
- La Jornada - A good source of both print and video news.
What’s your 60 for French?
For first and second year…
- http://go.hrw.com/gopages/wl-fr.html practice on-line for your chapter…
For third year…
- https://www.laits.utexas.edu/tex/ excellent grammar reviews
For UW 103…
- http://wps.prenhall.com/wl_meyer_rondpoint_1/ chapter by chapter review on-lin
- UW reading and taking notes on the chapter summaries
- Other general French activities are …Review of flashcards, test reviews, class notes.
General review using:
What’s your 60 Japanese ?
- Vocabulary & Grammar practice sites: https://quizlet.com/subject/japanese/
- Kanji practice sites: https://quizlet.com/class/94240/ & http://webjapanese.com/kanji/
Japanese 5,6 & 7,8 (U.W. in H.S. program)