FAFSA/WASFA opens on October 1! Apply as soon as possible to be eligible for the most amount of financial aid.
Seniors, keep your post-secondary opportunities open by applying for financial aid! Whether you will qualify for financial aid or not, it is worth your time to apply for FAFSA/WASFA. This is because many scholarships and post-secondary institutions will require you to have applied for FAFSA/WASFA before they will consider you for financial aid sources.
"Post-Secondary Scholarships and Financial Aid Support" Handbooks will be available in the Career Center and distributed in class. This guide provides financial aid information and scholarship information.
FAFSA/WASFA Tips and Reminders
- Never pay to file FAFSA/WASFA
- Starting as a senior you will apply for FAFSA/WASFA each year you are planning on attending post-secondary education (through an undergraduate degree)
- You will apply for financial aid for the following calendar year (Class of 2018 Seniors will apply for financial aid for the 2018-19 school year)
- 1 in 3 students will be randomly selected to provide additional documentation when applying for FAFSA - don't stress about this!
- If you are a US Citizen but your parent is not use "000-00-0000" for their Social Secuity number in FAFSA - Ask Ms. Fulmer for more information
- Applying for WASFA is protected under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Review the required documentation for FAFSA or WASFA
- DO NOT apply for financial aid if you are in 9th through 11th grade (Running Start covers tutition for 11th graders)
The Renton School District does not sponsor, endorse, or recommend any of the organizations, services or activities described in this information. This information is provided solely for the convenience of our students and parents to assist in their review of the safety and suitability of such organization service and activities.
Our school web pages may connect directly to outside web pages. Those direct connections contain information or resources deemed as useful or interesting for our parents or students. However, in the inter-connected world of web pages, we have no control over the content of indirect links to other pages and sources. We therefore advise caution and supervision when venturing beyond our school pages and their direct links.