Nutrition, Health, and Wellness
Renton School District is hard at work creating a culture of wellness within our district.
Newly implemented policies and procedures help promote health and wellness among our students and staff. See our wellness policy below for more information.
Assessment of Renton School District Local Wellness Policy
June 30th 2016 by Heather Mann, RD and Lindsey Woodkey, MS RD
The Renton School District Local Wellness Policy is in compliance with the United State Department of Agriculture Final Ruling on content, leadership, and public involvement.
- Specific goals for nutrition promotion and education, physical activity and other school based student wellness programs are listed.
- Standards/nutritional guidelines for foods sold on campus during the school day are outlined.
- Policies for food and beverage marketing are stated.
- Standards for foods and beverages provided but not sold to students are given.
- There is a description of public involvement, updates, policy leadership and an evaluation plan.
Renton School District Nutrition Services Department will collaborate with Health Services and Physical Education Departments to regularly update the Wellness Policy and to ensure that all components are being enforced at the building levels. Increased efforts will be made to further participation by additional individuals. The District Wellness Policy Team will assess the policy each June noting any needs for policy updates and identifying areas of improvement. These updates will be presented to the School Board for approval then communicated to the public via the district website.
Interested in helping to shape the development, implementation and review of the Local School Wellness Policy? Become a part of the District Wellness Policy team. Contact Heather Mann at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved.