Mission statement- Why do we exist?
It is the mission of Maplewood Heights School to provide our students with high quality instruction to ensure that every student meets his/her fullest potential every day.
Vision Statement- How are we going to accomplish our purpose?
We envision a school in which,
Our staff members…
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to providing a positive, safe and engaging environment for all students
- Provide clear, rigorous expectations for all students, academically and socially
- Set goals and objectives that align with state and Common Core standards
- Effectively teach using research and standards-based instructional strategies
- Will work in collaborative teams to plan, assess and reflect on teaching practices and student learning
- Differentiate instruction to meet the needs our diverse learners
- Monitor student progress towards grade level standards to guide instruction
- Engage in on-going professional development activities to improve teaching practices
- Provide students with opportunities to practice being contributing citizens of the world
- Feel safe, respected and challenged each and every day
- Are actively engaged in learning by setting goals, creating plans to meet grade level standards and thoughtfully reflecting on their successes
- Work toward becoming prepared, responsible, independent and enthusiastic life-long learners
- Collaborate with peers and staff members to extend their learning beyond the classroom
Our parents, guardians and community members…
- Share in our commitment for the success of each student
- Actively support and encourage our students in the learning process
Our teachers, students, and parents together…
- Communicate openly to achieve academic success and social growth of all students
Pride in Achievement, Working for Success!